Sunday, June 25, 2017

Broken Gearbox and a stolen dinghy.

While sailing in the Abacos, our tranny broke. Badly. We felt it would be better if we did our repairs in Florida where parts would be more accessible. Almost two (2) months later I have the last part and am ready to install.

Our dinghy was stolen the other day. A bus driver, Lyn, says she drops the homeless couple off at a park every day where they sleep. BTW, the buses are free in Vero Beach and the homeless use them as shelter (A/C) against the inhumane summer heat and humidity.

So we went looking and lo and behold, there it was, A power boat was broken into and I suspect these two used our dinghy as a get-away vehicle.

That's it, Police have awesome security pictures of them.

I will publish more on the tranny later.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog. I just purchased a Seafarer 38 cutter rig and like you my transmission is beginning to slip. Where did you find your parts? I can't find and for the paragon g33 L ! Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you a long, lengthy email. Feel free to ask anything. We'll try and make this painless and cheap as possible:)

      Allan

      Delete