Saturday, August 18, 2012

Three days after delivery...

Not to be confused with the religious term 3rd Day, it took the wife and I three (3) days to get down to the boat, our boat, THE BOAT, to really, really look her over. It was dirty, we figure about three years worth of unused boating grime. A hornets nest in a shelving unit. The fridge/freezer was a disaster, (more on that later), but overall, we did really, really well for ourselves.

This is a newish yard we chose, maybe three years old. here is a couple of middle aged fellows living on sailboats there. One of the boats belongs to the yard. They don't work at the yard, they live there though. The only power they have is from a  small generator, ( which they gave us permission to use). I say they don't live there but one of them crawled in a huge backhoe and started landscaping. I obviously don't know the dynamics of the yard at all but I like the attitude for sure.

Now the fridge, it was mouldy and I am sure not working. The top as so rotted it came apart in my hands. Not unexpected.I know nothing of sailboat refrigeration. The wife and I removed the coldplate, heat exchanger and compressor. This is the kind of trooper my wife is, while I was digging grime out of the fridge box, she was lowering the HEAVY refridgeration equipment to the ground! That is mans work my love, but thank you very much:)

No comments:

Post a Comment