Sunday, January 20, 2013

Raw Water Pump Woes

I am having a dickens of a time finding a rebuild kit for my raw water pump. General consensus was that it was a Jabsco pump which, if it was true, would have been a godsend for parts availability. It wasn't. Through the casting marks, I, Sherlock Holmes, have determined is a Sherwood model B06 (obsolete) with a repair kit # 11421 available.I have passed that information to my contact on Vancouver Island in British Columbia and will get a kit.

Meanwhile, back here, I am sourcing out the bearings, seals and impeller from various sources, hoping to save some $$$ in the future.

The sad thing about this whole endeavor is that here in Ontario, supposedly the industrial centre of Canada, I can barely get Perkins people to even respond to me. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment