Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Three Stages of the Raw water Pump Repair

To rehash, here is the raw water pump from our Perkins 4-107. Very grungy, right?
Here it is all dissembled and sandblasted. Take note f the damage I caused removing on of the seals. It is to the left of center.
I had some chrome paint at work, so after priming it I painted it all shiny. Whether it is durable, that remains to be seen.

Stupid photo is on its side. Orrrrr, maybe the blogger is stupid. Only true Philosophers  can solve that mystery. At the 6 o'clock position (at the bottom of the inner circle) you'll notice a dark area. That is my repair using a product called Belzona. I have damaged stuff before and have had to effect repairs. Still waiting on locating someone who wants to sell me a repair kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment