Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fuel polishing.

Here is my wife, Ellie, polishing the fuel. A slow process. sadly, we went through two filter changes and then ran out of elements. the fuel was very dirty.
Here is a shot of the primary element, 10 microns, clogged solid. The Racor 2 micron water separator is doing fine.

The whole unit was set in a plastic bin just in case there was a leak. Unlikely as I used rated fuel hoses and double clamped every connection. And yes, those are safety sandals. I bought them along with my safety contacts.

We still have a ways to go before we finish polishing the fuel. I bough four jerry cans but that won't be enough. I don't want to buy more. I'll figure something out, I always do.

3 comments:

  1. I visited your blog for the first time and just been your fan and get many informative information about the fuel polishing.

    Diesel fuel additive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gone through and found this blog very helpful for me.
    AFC-710

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the extremely late response, I had notification turned off. thank you for your nice comment:)

    ReplyDelete